GeoPlatform offers a variety of different applications and services across the platform. To learn more about what you can do with registered resources on GeoPlatform, view the brief descriptions below.
- Search and browse maps harvested from AGOL and GeoPlatform Map Viewer
- Create map blocks and galleries
- Share map blocks and galleries via email
- Embed map blocks into your community or website
- Embed galleries into your community or websites
- Curate gallery pages with keywords, themes, and a description.
- Import maps from ArcGIS Online as an Open Map resource in GeoPlatform.
Browse all Open Layers registered to GeoPlatform.gov data to find data of interest. Build a custom Open Map using Open Layers. Upload your own data to the map. Share the map with others.
- Search published maps
- Save & publish composed maps
- Configurable basemap layers
- Add your own WMS or ESRI layers
- Feature import using GeoJSON, KML, SHP, and CSV
- Geolocation support
- Measure distance
- Draw features
- and much more!
A reusable tool for searching the Data.gov Dataset Catalog. This application can be embedded into any web page (e.g., a GeoPlatform Community page) for searching datasets using customized search parameters.
- Search Data.gov Dataset Catalog for published datasets
- Search by dataset name, phrase, or keyword
- Filter by organization, organization type, tag, format, topics, status, and topic categories
- Filter by area-of-interest (selection on a map)
- Sort search results by name, dates, popularity, and relevance
- View details about datasets and their related resources
- Embed and customize the application within HTML pages
- Import datasets into GeoPlatform
GeoPlatform Dynamic Digital Communities enable partners to quickly build cross-agency community portals with rich dynamic geospatial content and interactive tools. Whether for a major national event, an issue of great concern to the public, or a special multi-agency project, GeoPlatform allows stakeholders to collaborate and share their resources, as a curated interactive experience. For more information click here: https://www.geoplatform.gov/help/community/
- Hosted Content Management System (CMS) using WordPress
- Community-managed content
- Integrated user authentication and role-based access management
- Packaged themed templates with examples
- Growing list of plugins and services including:
- SAML authentication module
- Maps and Map Galleries
- Dataset Search
- Asset Carousel
- Resource Registration
- Controlled private content
- Shared documents
View the performance and status of web service resources registered with the GeoPlatform.
- At-a-glance view of overall status with Grade, Trend, and 7-day summary of services
- List, find, filter and sort services by Theme, Agency, Title, Reliability, Days Online, Score, and Speed
- Drill-down into individual services to view details, current status, latest performance statistics and 7-day log of scores and speeds
- Perform on-the-fly tests of services using the FGDC Service Status Checker
View the Lifecycle Maturity Assessment (LMA) of the A-16 National Geospatial Data Asset (NGDA) datasets and themes.
- At-a-glance view of maturity of the entire NGDA dataset portfolio
- View results for current and past assessment surveys
- Filter Datasets by Theme and Agency
- Drilldown into results of specific survey questions (individual datasets or rolled-up by theme)
- View details about a Dataset
- View status ratings for web Services associated with Datasets
User the Resource Performance Module (RPM) dashboard to view usage and statistics for applications, resources, and communities on the GeoPlatform.
- View resource, community, and application usage and statistics
- Change the date range for statistics